County Executive Calvin Ball commits to complete streets in his State of the County Remarks
In his State of the County address this week, Howard County Executive Calvin Ball committed to making complete streets “a priority to promote our vision of a true multi-modal transportation system, beginning with more bike lanes.”
This public promise to prioritize better biking and walking is in clear response to your advocacy! In his speech, Ball also said he listened as “dozens of cyclists came in their full bike gear, advocating for streets that provide safe access to users.” Read more about the speech in the Howard County Times >>
Now it’s more important than ever to show support for safer and easier biking and walking in Howard County by joining us at next week’s budget hearing on March 5. Come and hear testimony in support of the Bikeway then stay for a complete streets learning session, located in the same building.
- What: Budgeting Hearing & Complete Streets Learning Session
- When: Tuesday, March 5, 6:45 – 8:45 p.m.
- Where: George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City, Md. 21043. We will meet in the lobby, then enter the hearing room as a group and leave to a separate room as a group.
At our complete streets learning session, we’ll discuss:
- What are complete streets and how do they help all kinds of travelers?
- What will it take for the county to start building more complete streets?
- What is a complete streets policy?
- How can we show support and get a complete streets policy passed here?
Come, learn and share any priorities, ideas or thoughts you may have!